Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wheel chair



For designing the ADA apartment, I experienced the wheel chair. It is harder than my thought. Firstly, I used it to get in the elevator, it is easy to get in, but really hard to come out. Then, I walked on the carpet, it is super heavy to move on the carpet. I also realize how hard to close the refrigerator and cabinet because you cannot reach the door in the place that you opened it. Moreover, I noticed the downhill is really dangerous because you cannot control the wheel chair at will. The hardest thing is the toilet. Some restrooms have the accessible toilet but they did not have the automatic door, so it let me really hard to get in. Also, after I got in, I totally have no idea to move from wheel chair to toilet. Therefore, I learned a lot thing from this experience, it give me a lot of idea to design the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment